| Thailand customs allows visitors to enter Thailand with personal effects, the value of which does not exceed 80,000 Baht, without paying import fees as long as:
1) the items are specifically for personal or professional use;
2) the amount of goods are reasonable; and
3) the items are not subject to restriction or prohibition.
There are restrictions on the amounts of alcohol and tobacco products; only the following amounts may be transported into Thailand under duty free regulations:
* 250 grams of cigars or smoking tobacco, or 200 cigarettes
* 1 liter of wine or liquor.
Prohibited and Restricted Goods
The Thailand Customs Department is responsible for stemming the illegal transport of illicit drugs into and out of Thailand. Consequently, Thailand Customs officials do occasionally ask to search passengers’ bags. If you have nothing to declare, simply walk through the Green Channel, stopping only if asked to do so by a customs agent.
If you have goods to declare, you should hand a customs form to the Thailand Customs Department agent at the Red Channel marked “goods to declare”.
You can view more details about Thai Customs under "Travellers" menu at Thai Customs Department website, its link provided below